Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Birth Story

Parker Easton Anderson was born at 10:28am on December 24th at 7lbs 9oz and 20in long. Here is the story on how he got here:

On Wednesday night at about 11pm I started having contractions about 8 minutes apart. Shane and I decided to go on a walk to see if we could get them stronger and closer together. They started coming about 3-5 minutes apart. Once we got home and rested they were every 2 1/2 minutes. Even though they were really light I wanted to go to the hospital and hopefully get admitted (I was 4 1/2cm dilated and 80% thinned at my doctor's appt earlier that afternoon).

We arrived at the hospital around 1:30 Thursday morning and I was sent to Triage to check my contractions. They were still coming close together but I hadn't dilated any more. Luckily I knew the triage nurse from work (she's a patient at the Chiropractor's office) and she admitted us at 3am. By then I was 5 1/2cm and 90% thinned.

They hooked me up to my IV and started my first dose of antibiotics (I tested positive for group B strep). I got my epidural at 5am and the doctor broke my water at 5:30. We rested until about 7 when our delivery nurse, Seanna, came. I got my second dose of antibiotics. My contractions were coming about every minute. At 8:30 I was 9cm and 100% thinned.

At 10:00 our doctor came in and I was ready to push. I pushed for half an hour and Parker came at 10:28.

Everything went so smoothly. The best part was that I didn't have any pain at all. Parker was healthy and didn't have any signs of group B strep. We were able to go home Christmas afternoon.

We're so thrilled that he's here now. He's perfect! He barely cries and is the cutest thing ever! Welcome Parker! We love you!

2 comments:

The Wright House said...

He is so sweet! I'm glad to hear that everything went well!

Chris and Kristen said...

Congrats Jenny! I was almost right with him coming on Christmas Day at 2 am. Only 3 hours off. Not bad! He is super cute and you are looking great! I'm glad to hear all is going well. Can't wait to see the little guy soon!